Featuring fashion sketches of the of the 1940s and 1950s

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Glorious Suit


Suits are spectacularly alluring, so refined and elegant. I pine for the days when women wore suits for everyday occasions, such as the girls in the office, the ladies at social luncheons, the mother on her way to the grocery store, and even the lady spectator at the baseball game.

I try to find information about the item I am sketching. Other than the fact of this being from the 50's, which is quite obvious, I don't have any detail about this suit.
~~~♥~~~

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, it really is smashingly lovely! I could so easily see a suit like this draping beautifully over Marilyn Monroe's iconic curves back in the day.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Jessica!
      Great to see you here!
      Thank you for leaving me this fun comment.
      ♥Hope

      Delete